Find out more
Recommendations for a good equipment
If you check your mails at home from time to time, you can do so safely on the sofa or at the kitchen table. But if you work at home more often, you should make sure you have the right equipment.
- The office chair should have a movable seat and backrest. Seat depth and backrest height must match the user's height. It is particularly important that the back is effectively supported. Chairs with armrests are advantageous because they relieve the shoulder area.
- Anyone who sits for long periods should also pay attention to so-called dynamic sitting, where the seat and backrest adapt to the movements of the user.
- The height of the table should also be adjustable to the needs of the user. The ideal solution would be to opt directly for a sitting/standing desk that allows the user to switch between sitting and standing work. Highly reflective or shiny surfaces should be avoided to protect the eyes.
- You should ensure that the table surface is large enough. This must provide space for the free arrangement of all work equipment.
- The equipment of the home office workstation should also includes monitor, keyboard and mouse. Prolonged work on a laptop without these supplements is harmful to the back and neck muscles.
No compromises should be made in terms of safety. This means, for example, that all cables must be securely fixed in the home office as well. Loose hanging cables can become a tripping hazard not only for the user himself but also for his relatives.
- The lighting situation is just as important as the furniture. The work area should be sufficiently bright so that documents are easily readable. A difference in brightness to the surrounding areas is useful. However, this must not become too large in the evening hours, because otherwise your eyes will have to change their position again and again when looking into the room.
- Glare from sunlight or bright artificial light sources should be avoided at all costs. The table should be placed in such a way that the light source is not reflected in screens and that the user does not look directly into the window.
Equipped in this way, the home office also becomes a real alternative to the office workplace in terms of function and ergonomics.